The World Universities Championship is a sports championship designed to stimulate sport between universities through the promotion of fair play games, diversity and inclusion.
In the 2017 edition, 2,400 students from 70 universities, 30 European countries, Africa, the Middle East and Asia attended this event.
The “Inter-University World IV Championship – Barcelona 2018” will be held from 14 to 18 November 2018 in Barcelona, Spain.
This championship will be organized under the umbrella of the IUSC-Inter-University Sports Committee, to highlight the importance and prestige of this event.
Based on the Memorandum of Understanding signed between AD Macedonian Power Plants (ELEM) and the University of Tetova, it was announced:
Call for the allocation of 5 scholarships for students of the University of Tetova.
In this competition may apply the following participants:
- Full-time students of the respective Faculty, who are enrolled for the first time in the first year of study, in the academic year 2017/2018;
- Students studying in one of the following study programs:
- Faculty of Applied Sciences,
Mechatronics study program;
- Faculty of Applied Sciences,
Economic Engineering Program;
- Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics,
Computer Science Study Program – Professional Management.
All students who meet the following criteria are eligible to participate:
- to be a full-time student enrolled in the first cycle of studies for the first time in the academic year 2017/2018;
- have an GPA no less than 8.0 after the end of the first semester;
- the student who is not a beneficiary of any scholarship or loan from another institution or company;
- the student should be a citizen of the Republic of Macedonia.
Selection of candidates will be done by the Scholarship Commission, consisting of three (3) members: two (2) members from among the ELEM employees and one (1) member from the University of Tetova.
The selection of candidates interested in exercising the right to scholarships will be carried out on the basis of the average achievement of the student in the first semester, the points earned during the enrollment in the faculty and the results of the interview conducted, which will be carried out by the commission composed of two representatives from AD ELEM and a representative from the faculty, according to the following methodology:
- the maximum points earned from the average student achievement in the first semester, maximum 70 points;
- points earned during college enrollment, maximum 25 points;
- results from the interview conducted, maximum 5 points.
The scholarship amount is 6,000 denars per month and will be given for ten (10) months a year, with the possibility of continuation or interruption, depending on the fulfillment of the obligations by the students in accordance with the Scholarship Agreement.
The selected candidate will sign a scholarship agreement.
The candidates who will be awarded scholarships are obliged to finish the academic year within the set time and a GPA of no less than 8.00, otherwise the scholar is losing the scholarship and is obliged to refund the amount to the company with which he has signed the Scholarship Agreement and other obligations stipulated in the Scholarship Agreement.
Documentation Required for Application:
- Completed application / questionnaire prepared by ELEM;
- Motivation letter;
- Full-time student certificate, enrolled in the first year of study;
- Certificate for the exams passed and success achieved in the first semester in the academic year 2017/2018;
- Declaration that you are not a beneficiary of a scholarship or loan from an institution or other company, signed by a solid guarantor;
- A copy of the certificate of citizenship of the Republic of Macedonia.
The application / questionnaire is published on the website of the University of Tetova: http://unite.edu.mk
documents must be submitted to the Center for Student Services and Careers at the University of Tetova or by mail at the Center for Student Services and Career, University of Tetova, St. Ilinden, nn, 1200 Tetovo, in the period from 19.06.2018 to 29.06.2018.
The registration fee at WIUC 2018 is 89.00 euros per person.
The Official Travel Agency for the fourth edition of the World Inter-University Championship 2018 is BCN PRO Sports Travel which will take care of the accommodation of all participants in Barcelona.
Information about accommodation can be obtained at:
BCN PRO Sports Travel
Xavier Hilari Serra
- Tel. +34 645 54 20 95
- Skype. Xhilari
THE REGISTRATION PROCESS IS OPEN!
Download the application form here (the “Application Form” section):
and send it here: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please see the brochure / invitation that you can download at this link
Information will also be available on www.wiusc.com (the website is updated regularly) and also on Facebook (“World InterUniversities Championships-Barcelona 2018” page https://www.facebook.com/World-InterUniversities- Championships Barcelona-2018-1512030892169096 /